Thai Chicken (Instant Pot recipe)
So I recently bought an Instant since I keep hearing that it is the next best thing and I am pretty sure it has cut down meal prep time by a lot!
I have been craving Thai Chicken of some sort, but it usually takes too long, but I officially found this really good recipe that satisfied my Thai chicken cravings!!
- 1 – 2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (I use Braggs Liquid Aminos as a healthier option)
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- green onions, chopped for garnish, optional
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pressure cooker pot, select Browning. When oil is hot, brown the meat in small batches, do not crowd the pot. Set the browned chicken on a platter.
- When all the chicken is browned, add chicken broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, and red pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the browned chicken to the pot, along with any juices that have collected on the platter. Cover pot and lock lid in place.
- Select High Pressure and 9 minutes cook time. (It will take about 10 minutes to reach high pressure.)After 9 minutes cook time, turn off pressure cooker and use a quick pressure release. Remove chicken from the pot leaving the sauce.In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water. Add cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. After sauce thickens, add chicken and coat with the sauce.Serve garnished with chopped peanuts and green onions.
Feel free to use this Thai Chicken over top of brown rice or whole wheat pasta with a side of green beans to get in your veggies too!
80 Day Obsession breakdown:
- 1 red2 tsp
- 1 yellow (if you add noodles)
- 1 green (if you add green beans or veggies)