Healthy Sloppy Joes
Nothing like an easy crock pot meal to throw together and get your daily to-do’s done, and to come back to an awesome, healthy meal for the family! And who doesn’t like sloppy joes?!?!
I can wake up, throw this recipe together and go about my business with working my business, cleaning, playing with the kiddos, and whatever else needs done and I don’t have to think about dinner until that button beeps that it is ready! Thanks to who ever invented the crock pot!
I do have a little secret that I do not tell anyone that it is turkey meat and a healthy version until after they are done!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey meat
- 1 (15 ounces) can tomato sauce, no sugar added
- 1/2 cup clean ketchup (I use the OrganicVille brand)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- Place turkey meat into crock pot.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, garlic powder, 1 small onion chopped, red and green pepper chopped.
- Stir ingredients in crock pot until you have a good mixture.
- Turn on crock pot and cook for 4-6 hrs or on high.
- Let cool before eating.
- Serve with 100% whole wheat bun or your favorite choice of bread!