My husband was away for 5 days at school and since he usually surprises me with yummy breakfasts and dinners, I decided to surprise him with dinner last night!
I had a couple ingredients that I wanted to use, so I threw together a concoction and I would say it turned out pretty darn good!
- 1 tube lean turkey sausage
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 8 oz of brown rice penne past/gluten free (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 stalk asparagus (trim the ends of the spear where the tender part is, and cut into 3’s)
- 1/2 cup chopped artichokes (I got them already chopped in a jar with oil and seasoning and I do not drain it)
- 1 small jar (3-4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, or use 3-4 oz fat-free sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar (or EVOO)
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoon of Avocado Oil (or EVOO)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- In a medium pan, add tube of sausage, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, and 1 tablespoon EVOO. Cook for 5 minutes, breaking apart into small pieces. After 5 minutes, add pure maple syrup and cook for another 5 minutes on medium high.
- In a large pan, on high heat, sautee garlic, onion, mushrooms, basil, sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) in 2 tablespoons of oil (reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes jar for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the rest of vegetables (asparagus, each sprig cut into 3 slices, and artichoke, sprinkle with a small amount of Himalayan salt, and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until they soften just a little (you still want the asparagus to have a bit of crunch). Also add the sausage mix with vegetables. Mix all together. Add 2 tablespoons of Avocado oil and cook for 2 minute.
- Bring a large pan with water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water (to stop cooking).
- Place serving of pasta on plate, then add 1 serving of sausage and vegetable mix to top off pasta.
Chocolate Shakeology Peanut Butter Oat Bars
Why do I think of making these recipes prepping 2 weeks out from my show?!?! LOL… Call me crazy I guess!! I promise I did not eat any, but wanted to make them for my kids and hubby for a nice treat!!! 🙂
Total Time: 3 hrs
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 8 servings, 1 bar each
½ ripe medium banana, mashed
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Combine Shakeology, oats, and Whey Protein Powder in a large bowl; mix well.
2. Add peanut butter and banana; mix well with a spatula or clean hands.
3. Place in an 8 x 8-inch pan that is lightly coated with spray. Cover with plastic wrap and press down to flatten into pan. Freeze for 3 hours.
4. Cut into 8 bars.
ENJOY!! This is a perfect treat to take to parties, work to share with co-workers (as a nurse, you would see our break room is full of unhealthy treats)!
**If you would like more healthy tips and recipes, accountability and motivation to help you reach your health and fitness goals, please fill out the application below for a spot in my 60 day fitness challenge!
HEALTHY CHINESE CHICKEN & FRIED RICE
As I am 7 1/2 weeks out from my NPC figure competition, I am CRAVING Chinese food like no other!! I had company over for dinner and made my Clean Chicken Parmesan, so I made my own meal! I was trying to think of what I can use for a sauce that would replace a good fattening Chinese general Tsos sauce lol…. So off to the store I went!
Now I always use Braggs liquid Aminos on pretty much everything, but I wanted something to give it a twist. I am obsessed with The Sriracha sauce and when I was at the store looking at sauces, I came across this one that also makes the Sriracha! Ummm can you say SCORE?!?!!? ;)- So Here is it! So easy and simple, but yet so YUMMY!
Ingredients: (4- 6 Servings)
– 1 lb Chicken cubed
-1/2 bag frozen corn, peas, carrots, and green bean mix
-1 /4 cup Liquid Aminos
1 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce (add more if you like a little kick!)
-1 cup cooked brown rice (cook according to box)
-2 egg whites
- Cook Chicken cubes on stove on medium until cooked throughout (approx 20 min)
- On separate pan, add egg whites, 1/8 cup Braggs liquid Aminos, and mixed veggies and cook on medium for 5-6 minutes (mixing every 2 minutes)
- Add rest of Liquid Aminos and Chili sauce on chicken and cook for 5 more min on medium.
- Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Add Veggie mixture to chicken and stir.
- Add brown rice to plate and top off with chicken and veggie mix!
If you would like more recipes, tips on clean eating, motivation, and accountability to help you reach your health and fitness goals, please fill out my application below for a spot in my next fitness challenge/support group!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken & Spinach
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
6 cloves minced garlic
2 chicken breasts-chopped into bite size pieces
1/2 tsp Sea salt or Himalayan salt
1/4- 1/2 cups light parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mushrooms
2 cups spinach
– Saute’ garlic and mushrooms in EVOO for a minute or two
– Add chicken pieces, salt, and cook until no longer pink in the middle.
– Make sure to stir chicken to coat with EVOO and garlic
– Add parmesan cheese and stir until the chicken is coated.
– Add spinach and cook until wilted
– Serve by itself or over whole wheat pasta
I am using this recipe this week with my BODY BEAST
meal plan which I will post tomorrow and this can also be used with the 21 DAY FIX
as 1 green, 1 red, and 1 blue container.
If you would like more information on clean eating and meal planning to reach your ultimate health and fitness goals, fill out my application below for a spot in my next Beachbody Fitness Challenge!
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo
Avocado and Veggie Salad
– 1 small container of grape tomatoes diced into small cubes
– 1 Cucumber chopped
– 1 medium Green, Yellow and Red Peppers chopped
– 1 Avocado (diced or mashed)- I do smashed
For the dressing : 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, Himalayan Salt, Pepper, 1 tsp raw honey, 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Chop up all the vegetables finely and toss them together.
- Mix together the Vinegar, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and Agave nectar for the dressing. Because of the Balsamic Vinegar and Lemon Juice, the salad has a very fresh, tangy flavor.
- Add dressing mixture to the vegetable mix and serve cold!
Nutrition Facts per serving (4 servings)
Dietary Fiber: 2
Since one of the popular home fitness programs many of my challengers use is the 21 DAY FIX
, this recipe is allowed on your meal plan!
For this salad, you would use 1 green (veggie) and 1 blue (avocado). The Raw Honey is considered an extra Tsp (keep in mind this is only 1/4 serving)
Here is just a little example of how the 21 day fix meal plan works… 21 days of focused portion control and constantly fueling our bodies with the proper nutrients to help with lose weight the right way, and long term! No more FAD diets or binging! Its all about living a healthy lifestyle!
If you would like more information on portion control, working out in the comfort of your own home, and having 1:1 coaching support by me daily for 60 days, fill out this application below for a spot in my next Fitness Challenge group!
BAKED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
Who would have thunk of all people, I would even attempt to eat a brussel sprout, and now it is a recipe on my blog!! I am not sure why I never tried them, but I was definitely missing out! Now, I have an easy vegetable to go with many of my meals!
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1 cup raw bella mushrooms
- 1/4 choppped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil spray (to Grease dish)
- Chop ends of sprouts and cut in half
- Put in bowl and add other ingredients and stir
- Put ingredients in greased deep dish and cook at 400 degrees for 13 minutes
- ENJOY with your favorite dinner or lunch! I made grilled chicken and sweet potato fries to have with my sprouts!
If you need help with your nutrition and learn to eat clean, along with getting accountability and motivation for helping you achieve your health and fitness goals, please fill out my challenge group application to join my next Beachbody challenge!
What better way to get a home DVD program, nutrition plan, and FREE coaching?!
I am here to help you reach your ultimate goals, but first you have to make the step and say YES, I CAN and YES, I WILL!