If you’ve never made homemade granola before, you need to give this a go! Once you try this homemade granola, I bet you won’t go back to store-bought! It’s so easy, so delicious, and healthy since it’s naturally sweetened, and made with oats and unrefined oils!
It’s so simple and you’re likely to have most if not all ingredients in your pantry!
– 4 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
– 1.5 cups of raw nuts and /or seeds (I used raw sliced almonds and walnuts)
– 1/4 cup chia seeds
– 1/4 cup dried fruit of your choice (I use cranberries)
-1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
-12 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
– 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, chia seeds, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
3. Pour in melted coconut oil, maple syrup, or honey and vanilla extract. Stir all to combine really well.
4. Pour the granola onto your baking sheet and spread it out in an even layer.
5. Bake until lightly golden, about 21 to 24 minutes (stir halfway).
6. Remove from oven and let cool and harden for 45 mins.
7. Store granola in an airtight container for up to one month.