Sausage Tortellini Soup
I do not make soups very often, but if I do, this sausage tortellini is definitely my go-to recipe! The family (including the kids) loves it and it is so simple to make!
- 1 lb Italian lean sausage mild or spicy (no casings)
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 rib celery finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 798 ml can diced tomatoes (28oz)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 250 grams fresh cheese tortellini about 3 cups
- Add Italian sausage to a large soup pot and cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add onion and celery. Cook and stir until onion has softened.
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic and salt and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes, until carrots are almost tender.
- Stir in tortellini. Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes until tender. Serve and enjoy!