As a busy mom of 6 kiddos with a blended family, my goal is to find healthy, but easy recipes that we can enjoy and still fuel our bodies! My mission is to take what we love and find those healthy replacements! I am all for the guilt-free meals and treats!
One of my favorite side dishes is good ol’ broccoli salad. It’s a perfect dish that gives you your veggies that sometimes we forget to eat! I have tried many different recipes, but I decided in order to keep it “healthy,” I need to create my own recipe!
Hope you guys enjoy and would love your feedback if you give it a shot!
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Ingredients for salad:
- 3 heads fresh broccoli (chopped into small pieces)
- 5 slices of cooked low sodium bacon (or turkey bacon) chopped. You can fry up in a pan using extra virgin olive oil OR bake in the oven.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium purple onion diced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup craisins
- Place all ingredients for the dressing into a medium bowl and whisk until all ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- Then, place all ingredients for the broccoli salad into a large bowl and pour dressing over salad ingredients.
- Mix well and be sure that all ingredients are coated in the dressing.
- Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you have goals that you are wanting to work on such as getting on track with nutrition, getting into an exercise routine, and finding balance with a busy schedule, fill out the application below to apply for my online fitness Bootcamp: