Chicken & Spaghetti Squash Taco Casserole
I don’t know about you, but my family and I are huge fans of tacos. I mean, who isn’t? Every Tuesday, the kids feel that it should automatically be Taco Tuesday, along with multiple days throughout the week. So I decided to take this taco thing to another level, thanks to my very good friend who had this recipe! I did change it a little though so I wasn’t being a complete copy cat. Get ready for a delicious healthy Chicken & Spaghetti Squash Taco Casserole!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 3 medium/large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 small (12 oz jar) of medium or hot salsa (Whichever you prefer)
- 1 12 oz can black beans
- 1/2 c plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 c shredded Mexican/Taco cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Take chicken breasts and cook in instant pot for 20 min (I add 1/4 cup water to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pot). If you do not have an instant pot, use a slow cooker and cook on high. Shred after done cooking.
- Turn on oven to 350.
- Meanwhile, to cook spaghetti squash, simply slice squash in half lengthwise, remove guts with a spoon, and set round parts upright on a plate and cook in microwave for 10-12 min. Place a paper towel between plate and squash when cooking. Once cooked, let cool and use a fork to remove spaghetti squash.
- Place shredded chicken in a bowl and add salsa, black beans, chili powder, garlic powder, and oregano. Mix.
- Using a 9X12 baking dish or casserole dish, place spaghetti squash, chicken mixture, Greek yogurt, black beans, & 1/2 cup cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake for 10-12 min (until cheese is melted).
- Let cool before serving. Top with favorite toppings (I use
jalepenos, greek yogurt, and avocado)!