Thai Sesame Patties- Healthy Version
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce (I use Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 1 egg white
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp EVOO
- Combine all the ingredients except for the oils in a medium sized bowl, mixing completely.
- Divide the turkey mixture into 5 round patties.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat the oils in a large skillet. Add the patties and cook for 10 minutes, turning every so often to achieve a golden color.
- Serve with a sprinkling of extra soy sauce on the top or with Thai sweet chili sauce
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sweet chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Bragg Liquid Amino
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a small sauce pan, whisk ingredients together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened (about 5 min).
- Let cool and use to dip with Thai Patties.
If you are looking for more healthy recipes to cook for you and your family and would also like to be a part of my exclusive fitness challenge group with daily motivation, accountability, and fitness and nutrition tips, please fill out the application below. Spaces are limited, so please be sure to fill out ONLY if you are ready to commit to your fitness journey!