Top 10 Healthy & Easy Kids Snack Ideas!
As a kid, I didn’t grow up eating the healthiest. I was raised more in a low-income household, and canned and processed foods were eaten the majority of the time.
Since growing up, I learned a lot about nutrition, the healthy lifestyle, and now is my career! So one of my biggest goals in life is teaching my boys proper nutrition, how to live a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle and learn to make healthy choices so they can be active as they have kids and grandkids one day!!
So as I look at society today, I see lots of unhealthy snacking… late night snacking… quick stops to fast food because.. well.. “It’s quick and easy.”
I here to give you guys some of my top HEALTHY, QUICK, and EASY snacks that I will eat myself, but my kids love as well!! And yes, they are quicker than stopping at fast food!!
10 HEALTHY & EASY KIDS SNACK IDEAS
- Frozen yogurt bites: Literally, you open up your kids favorite yogurt (I prefer Greek), and using a spoon, spoon just a little bit of yogurt out and place on plate with wax paper. Add as many drops of yogurt as you want to make for the kids and freeze for at least 30 min! Take out of freezer when ready to serve!
- Fresh veggies and hummus: I love slicing up some cucumbers and my kids also love tomatoes, and they dip them in hummus and eat away! No cooking or prepping required!
- Frozen Grapes: Guys, it doesn’t get much easier than this… Wash your grapes off, place on tray/plate with wax paper, and freeze for 30 min or until ready to serve!! You may want to let sit for a couple minutes if they have been in the freezer awhile!!
- Cheese cubes and grapes: Nothing wrong with a little cheese and grapes together to make an easy treat! I go for the 1% cheese rather than 2% or whole so there is less fat. Throw some crackers in there too for the kiddos to enjoy! They do have whole grain at the local grocery stores or even gluten free in the organic section!
- Ants on a log: An apple a day keeps the doctor away!! Add just a thin layer of peanut butter to your sliced apple and top it off with a few raisins!!
- Hard boiled eggs: I cook my eggs ahead of time and have them ready for the week! They can snack on them and add salsa on it too if they like extra flavor!
- Peanut butter banana sandwiches: Slice that banana into thin layers horizontally, add a thin slice of peanut butter on one side of a banana slice, and place another slice of banana like a sandwich so the peanut butter is in the middle!! Eat like a mini sandwich!! My kids LOVE this one!!
- Kale Chips: This is so simple, yet so good! Sometimes we like a little crunch right?! Instead of going for the bag of potato chips, make the healthy alternative… KALE CHIPS! Click image for recipe!!
- Rice cakes with your favorite topping: Ok, when I say favorite topping, I mean favorite HEALTHY topping!! My kids love putting a little layer of natural peanut butter, cool whip, then some soy free, nut free dairy free chocolate chips and even some unsweetened coconut!!
- Boom Chicka Pop popcorn: Ok what kids do not like popcorn?! As a treat, instead of going for the buttery popcorn to cook up, we eat the Boom Chicka Pop found in the grocery store!! The sweet and salty kettle popcorn is our favorite!!
So there you have it!! Eating healthy does NOT have to be difficult, time consuming, or expensive. It just takes a little planning and thinking ahead!!
If you are a new mommy, or a parent just starting your own fitness journey, start teaching your kids now!! Be that role model that they can one day duplicate from you!!!
If you are looking for more healthy tips, daily motivation and accountability for your own fitness journey, please fill out the application below for a spot in my private online fitness challenge!! Spaces are limited and you MUST be willing to participate daily in the group to join!