My husband was away for 5 days at school and since he usually surprises me with yummy breakfasts and dinners, I decided to surprise him with dinner last night!
I had a couple ingredients that I wanted to use, so I threw together a concoction and I would say it turned out pretty darn good!
- 1 tube lean turkey sausage
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 8 oz of brown rice penne past/gluten free (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 stalk asparagus (trim the ends of the spear where the tender part is, and cut into 3’s)
- 1/2 cup chopped artichokes (I got them already chopped in a jar with oil and seasoning and I do not drain it)
- 1 small jar (3-4 oz) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, or use 3-4 oz fat-free sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar (or EVOO)
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoon of Avocado Oil (or EVOO)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- In a medium pan, add tube of sausage, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, and 1 tablespoon EVOO. Cook for 5 minutes, breaking apart into small pieces. After 5 minutes, add pure maple syrup and cook for another 5 minutes on medium high.
- In a large pan, on high heat, sautee garlic, onion, mushrooms, basil, sun-dried tomatoes (drained from oil) in 2 tablespoons of oil (reserved from the sun-dried tomatoes jar for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Add the rest of vegetables (asparagus, each sprig cut into 3 slices, and artichoke, sprinkle with a small amount of Himalayan salt, and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until they soften just a little (you still want the asparagus to have a bit of crunch). Also add the sausage mix with vegetables. Mix all together. Add 2 tablespoons of Avocado oil and cook for 2 minute.
- Bring a large pan with water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse the pasta with cold water (to stop cooking).
- Place serving of pasta on plate, then add 1 serving of sausage and vegetable mix to top off pasta.
Is such a special day for me… 1 year ago, I started my transformation by joining
a challenge group using Beach Body products.
I was definitely skeptical because #1. I didn’t have the money after
having my second child and had 2 in diapers, going part-time, and building a
house, #2. I did not even know if the products work, and #3. I didn’t have time
with two kids, along with finishing school.
I could have used those excuses, but I trusted my gut and went with
it. What is the worst that can happen
right!? I started out with Insanity Aug
6th 2012 and went all the way.. SHAKEOLOGY once daily, workouts 5-6
days a week (INSANITY), and eating healthy.. I was getting results, but did not feel they
were coming fast enough.. Did that stop me?!? NO!! Im not one to quit so
easily!! Also, you don’t know if it works, until you finish it!! Here, as I was
slowly making progress, IT WAS STILL PROGRESS!! Every 30 days I was making
changes (slowly), until looking at 90 days when I finished my challenge.. Those
30 day marks added up and now looking at the big picture, I had awesome
results!! I changed my eating habits, build strength with my workouts, had more
energy, and felt amazing!! It was not until after my challenges, that I was so
excited with my results that I had to do this myself and coach others in
challenge groups to watch them transform into their own success stories!! This
is what I do now.. I watch people live a healthier and more fulfilling
lifestyle and it feels AMAZING!! This is one of the best opportunities I have
had and it is all because I decided to participate in a challenge group! I know
if I hadn’t, I would not be where I am today! I have officially completed INSANITY, TURBO FIRE, ULTIMATE RESET, and ON T25 with a little P90X adn LES MILLS COMBAT! THANK YOU BEACH BODY!!
for how today went.. Great!! I am so motivated right now and am taking
advantage of my opportunity to be healthy! This morning I had a new shake!!
scoop Vanilla Shakeology
- 6 oz organic all natural pineapple juice
- 1/2 c
- 2 oz c
- A few
pieces of ice
SHAKEOLOGY is not only good for you, but great for your kids!! My 1 and 2 yr old LOVE their SHAKEOLOGY!! They even fight over the next sip!! 🙂 This is what being healthy is all about.. SHARING HEALTH with your family!! I wouldn’t have this any other way!!
I did my T25 of course, total body circuit (Its a killer!!)
followed my meal plan as I planned and I feel great! I had an apple and string cheese for a snack
Quinoa salad and turkey meatloaf
Black bean, corn, and edamame salad
(under my recipes)
Artichoke Lemon Pesto Chicken Pasta (under my recipes)
Kale chips (did not need my extra shake)
Just a little tip: YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!!! DON’T GIVE INTO THOSE SMALL TEMPTATIONS THAT ARE ONLY TEMPORARY… LOOK FOR THE LONG TERM SATISFACTION!! 🙂
Lemon Pesto Chicken Pasta
time: 35 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 55 mins
boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed (or chicken thighs if you prefer)
large spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise (get a BIG one)
artichoke hearts, cut in half (I used jarred artichokes that were in olive oil
for more flavor)
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons vegetable broth
garlic cloves, minced
of 1 lemon
and pepper, to taste
cups of spinach (optional)
oven to 405 degrees (not 450, stop questioning me)
the squash in half lengthwise, place cut side down on a baking sheet and bake
for 30-35 minutes or until squash gives when you poke the outside of it.
a spoon to remove the excess seeds then a fork to thread the strings from the
squash. To make spaghetti, duh.
while the squash is baking, make the pesto and chicken.
a large pan over medium-high heat, add a splash of fat and 1 minced garlic
clove. As soon as the garlic becomes fragrant, add the halved artichokes.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let cook until slightly browned and tender on
artichokes are browned, add them to a food processor along with the walnuts,
olive oil, vegetable broth, and second garlic clove. Puree until smooth.
add the parsley, basil, lemon, and salt and pepper. Puree once more until
smooth. Taste and add more lemon and salt and pepper to your preference.
pesto is done pureeing, add the chicken to the same pan that you sautéed the
chicken over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Sprinkle with a bit
of salt and pepper.
chicken is cooked through, add in about ¼ of a cup of the pesto to the chicken
along with the spinach, in the pan and mix well to coat. Cover and let cook for
2-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
add the threads of spaghetti squash to the pan (or a large mixing bowl if you
need more room). Mix spaghetti squash, pesto, and chicken all together.
with some fresh basil on top.
This recipe is from PALEOOMG which is an awesome site that I started looking at after a friend introduced me.. The recipes are awesome and I recommend using them!!