As I am currently obsessed with Mexican food, I figured it would be in my best interest to find a healthy way to eat what I am craving so I can stay on track with my health and fitness goals!
Please, when you see the recipe for the turkey burgers, don’t knock it, til ya try it!! It’s absolutely amazing!!
Kudos to my husband Brent who made this recipe because I never would have thought of it on my own!
Mexican Turkey Burgers
- Turkey burger
- 1/2 small Onion minced
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (I use sugar free C. Hughes)
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 Apple finely chopped (I used red apple)
- 1/4 cup walnuts finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven or grill to medium high heat.
- Hand mix all ingredients together in medium size mixing bowl.
- Make patties the size of your palm of your hand to create proper portion sizes.
- Place on sprayed pan (with EVOO or pam) or directly on grill and cook for 8 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
- Let cool before eating!
- Serve with your favorite side salad!
Then add your favorite Mexican toppings!
I used hot pepper cheese, jalepenos, fresh guacamole, and salsa!