Ohhh the holidays!! The cookies, the desserts and treats and everyone making these yummy snacks..
The business we all have running around making sure we get our Christmas shopping done, decorating, and having everything prepared for the season!
The finances.. well, were shopping for others, so we cannot afford to eat healthy for ourselves…
I feel we all can give so many excuses to fall off track with our health and fitness goals, but this is an easy one to use.. CHRISTMAS!!
GUYS::::::: TOUGH LOVE::::::::
Those health and fitness goals that you want to achieve are going NO WHERE.. You can hide from them and make excuses as much as you want, but guess what?? EXCUSES DO NOT BURN CALORIES!! Lol
I have seen it where people gain the average 5-10 pounds over the Christmas Holiday. Will that be you? I dunno. It depends on if your willing to stay dedicated and not give into those temptations that are only temporary. As I said, they are temporary! They do not last forever. Maybe they are there because your body is so use to the junk food, artificial sweeteners (its easy to get addicted to this.. they are chemicals and chemicals are drugs), or because you have a hard time with will-power when you are alone, or in a crowd with family and friends who is eating the same food.
So my goal is to help you overcome the temptations before you lose control of your eating and goals! It’s time to get focused, get motivated, and get dedicated!!
1. MAKE TIME TO WORKOUT– We make time for ANYTHING that is important to us right? If you say you can’t do this, because you have to do this… well, your making time for the other, so how about that workout? I’m not saying it is easy, but small sacrifices will go a long way.. Waking up a little early, going to bed a little later, not watching your favorite tv show, not taking that 30 minute power nap, and so on!! When you say you have kids and they don’t let you workout.. There is something called let them JOIN you in the workout, or if they are a baby, let them watch you!!
PS.. it is ok to let them cry!! They get use to it and will be ok!!! They want to see YOU as the role model.. get through the hard part of starting and it will get easier as time goes on!!
2. FOCUS ON FAMILY- Yes, the holiday is NOT about food as much as you want to think it is.. Think of the REAL meaning behind the holidays… Jesus being born.. Celebrating time with family and creating memories together (and Im not talking about making memories of who can eat a pie faster lol)… Focusing on the real meaning will help take your focus away from food and temptations.
3. STAY HYDRATED– with water that is!! Coffee, soda (pop), and alcohol DO NOT count!! lol! Nice try!!
Drink that water, it helps cleanse your body, helps your skin, gives you energy, and relieves the bloating!! It also helps you realize that many of your “hunger pains” are actually due to being dehydrated!! So if you feel hungry and you know you had your calories, drink more water! It makes a huge difference!!
4. BRING A HEALTHY SIDE– Don’t feel you have to cook unhealthy to have the best meal.. when you are cooking, think of your goals, but also think about helping someone else who will be eating with you!! I call this, SHARING THE HEALTH!! You may be surprised on how many people dig into your healthy veggie pizza, your green and red cucumber and tomato salad, or even your Skinny Peanut Butter Brownies (my favorite recipe of all!).. be YOU and do whats best for you and your health!!
5. FOLLOW THE 2 BITE RULE (or 3 lol)- Hey 2 or 3 bites.. Just know nothing tastes as good as the first 3 bites do!! After that, you don’t need it, so throw it away!! This allows you to not feel like your in food jail and get a little taste so you don’t feel like your missing out!!
6. NEVER GO HUNGRY- So one of the easiest things you can do for yourself before getting in front of that temptation is to fuel your body first!! If you fuel your body with the right things, you won’t need the bad!! So when I have a party or a gathering that I am going to attend and I know there is going to be treat and foods that will tempt me, I will drink my daily dose of dense nutrition… My SHAKEOLOGY. This is how I get help with my cravings because its filled with over 70 superfoods and natural ingredients so when you have this meal replacement health shake, you replenishing your body with the vitamins, minerals, and other natural ingredients that your body is lacking that was causing the cravings to begin with! So I drink that, and Im set!!
|This is Vanilla Shakeology with Fresh Raspberries and blackberries!|
Now you have it!!! These are a few simple ways that I prevent weight gain over the holidays! As I said, it’s not always easy, but I can promise you it’s worth it!!
If you are serious about your fitness journey and are ready to set the bar high for 2016 and be in the best shape of your life, please fill out my application to get your spot in my Jan 4th Fitness Challenge Group— The first group for the new year!!
This is where I will provide you with FREE coaching, 1:1 support, accountability, motivation, help with meal planing and new healthy recipes to use for you and your family!!