Jalapeno Popper Zucchini Boats
I am a big fan of jalapeno poppers and wanted to find a healthier alternative to the yummy treats that I enjoy! We… ok, my husband, did a great job on our garden this year and we have an overflow of zucchini! I was looking at different recipes to use up our zucchini and I found this recipe!
My two bonus kids helped me prepare this new recipe and we enjoyed it while watching a movie together! It was definitely a hit! So now I am excited to share this with you all so you can get those veggies in and enjoy a tasty treat without the extra guilt! And by the way, the air-fryer is my one tool that cooks our food so fast but gives it that “fried” taste, but healthier!
Jalapeño Popper Zucchini Boats
- 6 bacon strips, cooked (you can use turkey bacon for healthier choice). Air-fry for 12 minutes on 400 degrees F.
- 2 Garlic cloves, fresh
- 2 Jalapenos, chopped
- 4 Zucchini
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, fat-free
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- Preheat oven (I used Air-fryer) to 400 degrees. Slice zucchini lengthwise in half. Spray the zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle with salt or your favorite seasoning. Place cut side up on a baking sheet spray with non stick spray (or place directly in air-fryer. Bake for about 10 minutes in oven (or 6-8 minutes in air-fryer) or just until the zucchini begins to soften.
- Remove zucchini from oven and let cool. Once cool to the touch, scoop out the middle of the zucchini to create a boat. Set aside the scooped portion.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese. Mix on medium high speed until soft and fluffy. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the scooped out portion of the zucchini and add to the cream cheese, mix on low until combined. Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the zucchini boats and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese mix is melted. Let cool slightly before serving.
For more healthy recipes and alternatives to the food you enjoy, click the linkn below for our Cookbook/Devotional to help you live a HEALTHY & WHOLE life!