Asian Lettuce Wraps
I am often wanting a nice light lunch, snack, or even appetizer before a meal and these lettuce wraps are perfect that have that satisfying Thai taste! I hope you enjoy these healthy Asian Lettuce Wraps as you get your protein and veggies in one meal!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ½ onion minced
- 1 cup red or green pepper diced
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts drained and minced
- 3 tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos*
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter*
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp sweet chili sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup peanuts crushed.
- Lettuce (Romaine or Green Leaf) or your favorite Asian salad. For the lettuce, simply cut the bottom part of the head of the lettuce off. Then carefully peel away each lettuce leaf! Don’t forget to wash and dry the lettuce leaves before serving!
- Whisk together sauce ingredients until combined well. Feel free to microwave peanut butter for 30 seconds just to make sure it mixes well with other ingredients.
- Heat 2 tbsp EVOO in a frying pan and add ground chicken.
- Cook until half chicken is cooked through (about 4 minutes). Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is becoming translucent.
- Add water chestnuts and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until peppers become soft.
- Add sauce and turn heat to low until chicken and veggies are evenly coated with sauce.
- Serve on top of lettuce leaves or even your favorite Asian salad mix!
*Braggs Liquid Aminos is a healthier option for soy sauce, but if you have a soy allergy, you can also use coconut aminos.
*If you have a peanut allergy, any nut or seed butter will work, although the peanut butter will give the best results.
This recipe is from my husband and my healthy cookbook and devotional, “Forever FIT: With a Taste of Faith.” You will find over 100+ healthy and easy recipes along with 30 devotionals that my husband, Brent, wrote to help you also live a healthy and whole life!