Layered Hummus Dip
Here is a fun appetizer that I absolutely love to take to parties and make when our family has gatherings! Adding a little Meditteranean taste to this makes it oh, so good! Depending on your carbohydrate and gluten tolerance, you can use either homemade pita chips or even your favorite veggies to dip!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cook according to package directions)
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 medium diced cucumber
- 2 cups diced and seeded tomatoes
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 10 oz containers of your favorite brand and flavor of hummus
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup sliced and pitted kalamata olives
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Whole grain pita chips or your favorite veggies to dip
- Make quinoa according to the package directions. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, add EVOO, cucumber, tomato, lemon juice, and parsley. Gently toss to mix all ingredients together.
- Spread hummus on the bottom of a 9X13 in a baking dish.
- Add quinoa and gently spread out over top of hummus. I use a spoon to do this step.
- Add cucumber and tomato mixture over top of the hummus. Make sure this is spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and kalamata olives over top of the mixture.
- Refrigerate after using.
To make homemade pita chips:
- 6 whole wheat/whole grain wraps
- 2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp EVOO
- Cut wraps into wedges.
- Place wrap wedges in a small bowl and add EVOO. Toss wedges so EVOO is coated throughout.
- Place wedges on a cookie/baking sheet and spread apart so there is space between each wedge.
- Sprinkle Himalayan Salt over wedges.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 or until wedges are crisp and light golden brown.