Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo with Greek Yogurt
My son has been wanting Alfredo with noodles for a while and I didn’t want to use the easy Alfredo sauce you buy in a jar at the grocery store like I use to. I just finished my 3 day detox and it has really helped me to make healthier choices and eat clean, rather than foods that are high in sodium, and have artificial chemicals, sweeteners, and preservatives. It’s crazy to think how much better we feel when we FUEL our body with the right foods!
So I decided to go simple but healthy with this Alfredo recipe and the kids actually loved it, including Jojo who is 21 months old! Now the image I shared with the zoodles was eaten by my husband and me and the kiddos did eat regular whole-grain noodles.
- 1/2 lbs cooked diced chicken
- 1 small frozen bag (12 oz) cooked shrimp (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup broth organic vegetable or chicken
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan or Sea salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- While whisking, slowly add in broth and milk.
- Continue whisking to combine until smooth.
- Raise heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once simmering, simmer for about 2 minutes, until it starts to thicken, again, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and slowly, whisk in greek yogurt.
- Once combined, place back on the heat (medium) and stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for an additional 2 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Serve over chicken and shrimp with zoodles for healthier version (or over pasta if you want to enjoy your carbs) immediately! *You can also let the sauce cool completely and when it thickens, you can serve as a pizza sauce!
I hope you enjoy this meal with your family! If you are looking for more help with your nutrition or even to start an exercise regimen, but maybe you don’t know where to start or you don’t want to go to the gym, I would love to help you in my virtual fitness Bootcamp! Don’t be scared about the word “Bootcamp,” it’s just a group where my clients come together to push, motivate, and support each other along their own journey! We have so much inspiration and accountability in our group and so many relationships built while transformations happen!
Fill out the application below if you are interested in a spot to take your nutrition/fitness to the next level!