Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
Hey everyone!! I am excited to share my newest recipe that I made for the family! I had lots of chicken to cook up and asparagus so I wanted to put them together somehow, and here is what I came up with! Of course, I was running late with getting dinner prepared too, so I used my instant pot to it saved us time with cooking! But our Asparagus stuffed chicken was a hit in our home, so this is a recipe I will for sure be making again!
If you have kids like mine, they love chicken but can get bored very easily. My youngest will eat anything and everything and even eats his veggies without a problem! My oldest on the other hand, well, let’s just say it can sometimes feel like the end of the world for him when I tell him to eat a veggie other than green beans! He suggests corn as his veggie, but I still have to remind him corn is a starch, not a veggie! But he even ate this meal without a problem!
- 5 large chicken breasts
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 15-20 asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small can of condensed chicken soup
- Cut the chicken breast in half, length-wise, leaving it intact on one side (creating a pocket to stuff). Season the inside of the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Lay the provolone cheese and 3 to 4 stalks of asparagus in the center of each chicken breast and fold over, enclosing the filling.
- Season the outside of the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add 1 tbsp of EVOO to the bottom of the the instant pot and then pour in condensed soup.
- Add stuffed chicken breasts to pot .
- Cook on manual for 15 min.
- Let cool before eating
I served my chicken breasts over spaghetti squash since in the evening, I do more veggies and less heavy carbohydrates.
To cook spaghetti squash:
- Cut spaghetti squash in half length wise
- Dig out insides (seeds) with a spoon
- Place upside down on a plate
- Cook in microwave for 12 min
- Let cool for 5 min
- Use a fork to get spaghetti squash out
Hope you enjoy!! Feel free to leave a comment below letting me know how you and your family liked this recipe!
If you would like a spot in my online fitness bootcamp group, please fill out the application below!