Healthy Zucchini Bread
I was trying to find a way to get my veggies in with my breakfasts and snacks, and my husband decided to help me come up with a tasty but healthy zucchini bread recipe that is simple to make! We actually made it into a loaf AND into muffins and they both turned out great!
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of agave (you can also substitute with raw honey)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium-large)
- optional: 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, raisins, or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan (I also used non stick rubber muffin pan).
- Whisk the oil, agave, egg, yogurt, and vanilla together in a medium bowl until combined. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined. Avoid overmixing. Fold in the zucchini and your optional ingredients.
- Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan or muffin pan. Bake for 40-50 minutes (30 min for muffins). Baking times vary, so keep an eye on yours. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you find the top of the bread is browning too quickly in the oven, loosely cover it with aluminum foil.
- Remove the bread from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving. Cover and store leftover bread at room temperature for up to 5 days.
If you want more healthy recipes, along with help along your own fitness journey, fill out the application below to get a spot in my online fitness bootcamp! This is a place to surround yourself around other women who have similar goals (to tone, lose weight, build muscle, better nutrition) and be a support system for one another while learning fitness and nutrition tips to take with you forever for a healthy lifestyle!