Portabello Mushroom Pizza
Who doesn’t love pizza? I am on this journey to a healthier lifestyle and if I gave into my cravings of pizza all the time, I would not be successful. But why can’t you make a healthier alternative so you can still enjoy food and your cravings, but not take the bloat and guilt with you? So I decided to take some big portobello mushrooms and make PIZZA! Yes, you are about to get a simple recipe that is going to satisfy you and still help you towards your ultimate fitness goals!
Portobello Mushroom Pizza (2 mushrooms is a serving)
- 8 Portobello mushrooms stems removed
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 1 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 chopped onion (I used purple, but you can use either sweet or purple)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup low sodium organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut into slices
- Turn on your broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the mushrooms on the tray stem side down (where the stem used to be) and drizzle with olive oil.
- With a small pan, add spinach, garlic, salt and pepper, and pepper flakes and sauté on medium for 5 min or until welted.
- Add 2 tbsp tomato sauce on each mushroom and thin out layer.
- Add spinach mixture on top of sauce, then mozzarella cheese to each pizza
- Top off with cherry tomatoes
- Broil for 5 minutes.
- Let cool before eating.
Remember, nutrition is 80% of your results! Abs are made in the kitchen and you cannot workout a bad diet!
If you are looking to get accountability and help with your nutrition to help you reach your goals and make a healthy lifestyle change, fill out my application below for a spot in my online nutrition group!