Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal Bake
- 3 medium ripe bananas, (the riper the better) sliced into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fat free milk (I use Fat Free Fair Life Milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly spray a 8 x 8″ or 9 x 9″ baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon, honey and cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes, until the bananas get soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and salt; stir together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, light brown sugar, milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Remove the bananas from the oven, then pour the oat mixture over the bananas.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the oats, making sure to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible. Sprinkle the remaining nuts over the the top.
- Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal has set. Serve warm and ENJOY!!
For more fitness tips, support, accountability, and 1:1 mentoring and help along your fitness journey, fill out the application below for a spot in my next online exclusive Challenge Group! Spots are first come, first serve basis and you must not already be working with a Beachbody coach to join this group!