Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 1/3 cup raw honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup Braggs liquid Aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili sauce (I use the Sriracha brand)
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk the honey/agave, soy sauce/braggs aminos, garlic, and chili sauce together in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes-3 hrs. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet and discard the remaining marinade that was with shrimp. Cook shrimp, stirring every minute or so for about 4 minutes, and pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about another minute or so.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce with your choice of spaghetti squash or brown rice! Of course, a green veggie like broccoli or asparagus is a perfect side!
If you are using spaghetti squash, you can cook that while prepping the shrimp! Simply slice the squash in half length wise, use a spoon to take out middle with seeds, place each half upside down (round part facing up) on a plate, and place in microwave for 12 min! Fork out spaghetti squash onto plate or keep it in and use it as your bowl! Simply place your shrimp on top!