Tuscan Garlic Chicken- Healthy Version
My goal is to have family dinner EVERY night between 5-6… so far, its day 2 and I am on a winning streak lol! On day 2, I decided to make something new because I had a bag of frozen chicken breasts and didn’t feel like making anything that I already had on my blog! So I did some researching and came up with a perfect meal!
So my kids (my oldest I should say) can be very picky… when they see green (spinach or kale), they get nervous lol… well, I thought, I am cooking for 7 people every day, they are going to eat what I make!!! lol
So as I made this meal, I was so proud! It looked amazing to me, and smelled sooooo good!! I had dinner on everyone’s plate and the big barn door table ready!! Kids came down and 2 of them threw a fit and said they didn’t like it… BEFORE TRYING IT! UMMMMM excuse me?!??!?! You didn’t even try it!!!!! Do any of you moms have to deal with this?!!? I mean come on already! Feeding 7 people and you can’t even try it?? So mommy got a defensive and the words that came out of my mouth were, “You are going to say you don’t like it and you have not even put it in your mouth yet? Are you aware of the thousands of kids who are in other countries and WISH they had this meal sitting in front of you who do not have the ability to eat anything? You are going to sit here and eat your food and if you decide not to, you will not eat the rest of the night.” Yup, I said it… that may be harsh, but I am NOT willing to cook more than 1 meal for a meal if you know what I mean!
So the 2 boys got scared of me lol… and changed there attitude… gave it a try and GUESS WHAT?!?!?!
4 of the 5 kids (2 kids who threw a fit are included in this 4) GOT SECONDS because it was so good!!!!!!
BOOM!!! And all you need to do is give it a shot!!!
Lol, so there is my story! A bag of chicken used, a box of gluten free pasta used…. and 2 servings of this sauce WAS COMPLETELY GONE after our dinner with a family of 7! Everyone made happy plates and they were pretty proud of themselves for making happy plates too!! PS. A happy plate is when they eat everything off their plates!! They look forward to saying they made this!
Ok, so let’s get to how to make this yummy dinner that tastes like your eating a Pasta from the Cheesecake factory or Olive Garden!
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup coconut milk (or if you don’t want the healthy version, you can use heavy cream, but you cannot taste coconut at all!)
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup raw kale
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Whisk over medium high heat until it starts to thicken. Add the sundried tomatoes and let it simmer . Add the raw spinach and kale to bottom of baking dish. Add chicken on top of spinach and kale and pour cream mix on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and you can enjoy with your favorite pasta! I used gluten free spaghetti from Aldi!