Asparagus and Ham Spaghetti Squash
I am so sorry I didn’t post all last week!! Getting married and having some other things going on took my mind off of my blog… but don’t worry, it won’t happen again!!
So I am excited for this new recipe, because it was made with the help of my HUSBAND!! He definitely knows how to get to my heart! He is helping me so much with taking care of our home, kids, and cooking meals and cleaning up! I know you may be thinking this is what husbands are suppose to do, but keep in mind, I’ve been a single parent and use to doing it on my own! I can totally get use to this! <3
Last night, Brent made this meal for me, but I added just a couple ideas to make it our own!! I changed the spaghetti noodles for spaghetti squash, and added mushrooms too!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash (medium size)
- 1 bushel fresh asparagus (remove the stems and use the green part and the tree looking part)
- 6 slices of low sodium 97% fat free ham (get it as fresh as possible)- Cut into small cubes
- 4 oz Gouda cheese (cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 14 oz can chicken broth (99% fat free) and low sodium
- Place asparagus on cookie sheet. Add 1 tsp Himalayan Salt (or sea salt) and 1 tsp EVOO on top. Cook for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half length wise (with a fork, take out seeds and middle) and turn upside down on plate (round part up) and cook in microwave for 12 min. Let cool for a couple minutes after taking out of microwave.
- In a small pan, add 1 tsp EVOO, ham, onion, mushrooms, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until onion slightly brown.
- In larger pan, add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then turn down to medium. Fork out spaghetti squash and add squash to pan with broth.
- Add asparagus, and ham mixture to large pan with broth and squash. Cook for 5 minutes. Mix every minute or so.
- Add Gouda cheese to mixture. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Let cool and serve!