Grilled Coconut Shrimp
As I was finishing the Ultimate Reset Cleanse, I was craving some coconut for some reason! So I wanted to throw something together and came up with a healthy version of coconut shrimp!! Although it sounds healthy, when many people make it, it ends up being unhealthy with the additives they put on it… whether its butter, flour, and especially the sauce!! So I have this yummy recipe that is perfect for you family dinner, or even a dish for a party!
- 1 LB Cooked shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko crumbs
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 TSBP Coconut Flour
- 1 egg
- Non-stick pray ( I use EVOO spray)
- Mix together the unsweetened coconut, panko crumbs, and salt.
- Place the Coconut flour in a separate dish
- Whisk an egg in a small bowl
- Dip the shrimp in the flour, shaking off the extra, then dip the shrimp into egg, then into coconut panko mixture.
- Place on foil and put on grill for approx 10 min or until golden brown on top. Flip and cook for another 5 minutes or until golden brown on top.