Does it mean your OVERWEIGHT because your THIGHS TOUCH?!
Ok, so some of you may think I am completely silly for this post, but as I was talking with a friend who is on her own weight loss journey/fitness journey with me got on the subject of our thighs touching. She made a comment that hers always have touched and then I got to thinking how often I hear “I hate that my thighs touch” or “I wish my thighs wouldn’t touch and I would be skinny”.
I want to help you understand the importance of begin FIT vs SKINNY! Now, our genetics totally play a role in our bodies to an extent, but it does NOT define who we are!! There is still 80% nutrition and 20% exercise to help you create how you look.
- Clean eating- Skip the easy fast food and go for quality! Easy isn’t always the best! What we put in our bodies will show on the outside…. our body fat, our skin, etc.
- When I grocery shop, I shop ALWAYS on the outside isles and work my way in! The healthiest and cleanest foods is found there!
- Fresh fruits, fresh veggies, lean meats, then inside isles (you do NOT need to go down every isle!) you will find you Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), coconut oil, seasonings (my cinnamon for my MAN CAKES), and natural PB!
- Exercise 30 minutes min a day! I am not asking you to spend hours at the gym! In fact, the way I reached my goals to get to where I am today is based off of my home fitness programs with Team Beachbody! Currently I am training for my 2nd Figure Competition and just finished INSANITY MAX 30 as my cardio and BODY BEAST for my weight training. Now I am continuing Body Beast, but also incorporating the brand new 21 DAY FIX EXTREME which is a total body workout that is 30 minutes long and includes weights. Having a variety of exercises will trick your body and continue increasing your metabolism and burn calories as you are working different muscle groups! This is what I do to keep myself from plateauing.
- SUPPORT- A huge part of my success comes from getting 1:1 support and motivation in my fitness challenge groups. As a fitness coach and being on my own fitness journey after having my second child, I realized that this area is what got me to my goals. It is what most people lack when they are on their journey and without support, many lose confidence, hope, and the ability to commit. My groups are held in a closed group on Facebook so ONLY those challengers who are ready to commit have their spot with me so I can focus on each person to achieve their goals.