Homemade Almond Butter
I’ve been on an almond kick lately, so what better way to use almonds than making almond butter? We all know the less ingredients you have, the healthier it usually is right?? Also, knowing how to pronounce the words assures you its clean, and not full of chemicals and preservatives that cause bloating, cravings, and health issues.
Im such a fan of saving money and making food on my own to not only get more bang for your buck, but making my own food for my family shows them how to live a healthy lifestyle and teaches clean eating young so they can one day lead by example!
My kids helped me make this for the first time and my 2 yr old LOVED IT!!
Facts about RAW ALMONDS:
- Almonds are GLUTEN-FRE
- Promotes heart health and normal blood pressure
- Helps ,lower blood sugar
- Lower bad cholesterol
- Good source of Omega fatty acids
- Nourish the nervous system
- Alkalize the body
- Good brain function
- Almonds contain more magnesium than spinach and oatmeal
- 1 ounce of almonds has as much calcium than 1/4 cup milk
- Also rich in minerals such as Iron, Copper, Zinc, and Potassium
- Casein and Lactose free
- Low on the glycemic index (normalizes blood sugar)
- 100% natural from the agave plant
- Non- GMO
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Agave Nectar
- Add 1 cup raw almonds to food processor or blender (I recommend food processor or good blender)
- Blend almonds for approximately 5 minutes or until smooth and no clumps. You may need to stop and scrape the almonds off the sides a few times.
- Add salt and Agave nectar and blend for another minute.
- Serve with your favorite side!