- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly spray a 8 x 8″ or 9 x 9″ baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of the cinnamon, honey and cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes, until the bananas get soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of nuts, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and salt; stir together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, light brown sugar, milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Remove the bananas from the oven, then pour the oat mixture over the bananas.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the oats, making sure to distribute the mixture as evenly as possible. Sprinkle the remaining nuts over the the top.
- Bake the oatmeal for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the oatmeal has set. Serve warm and ENJOY!!
For more fitness tips, support, accountability, and 1:1 mentoring and help along your fitness journey, fill out the application below for a spot in my next online exclusive Challenge Group! Spots are first come, first serve basis and you must not already be working with a Beachbody coach to join this group!
Sweet potatoes are yummy right?? Its a great treat to have for the holidays, but what about changing it up a bit and turning it into a yummy casserole? You literally just throw the ingredients in and walk away until its finished!! Thats my kind of recipe right there!!
5-7 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup toasted pecans
- In a small mixing bowl, stir applesauce, light brown sugar, EVOO, and cinnamon together.
- Lay sweet potatoes in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Pour applesauce mixture over potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low until potatoes are tender, about 6-8 hours.
- Blend potatoes in a mixer until nice and smooth. Sprinkle with nuts and serve.
Hope you can use this recipe for a nice family holiday dinner, and more!!
Always remember to use portion sizes and drink lots of water to stay full longer!!
So I have been craving those really fattening sugary coated pecans and decided, I can do them myself without feeling so guilty! So I gave it a whirl, and it totally helped my cravings!! This was so darn easy and is even a great side to take to a party!!
HONEY ROASTED PECANS- Healthy version!
- 4 cups dry raw pecans
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp truvia or stevia
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients in bowl
- Lay pecans on cookie sheet spread out and bake for 15 min
As you will notice, you do not need to drown your food in butter and sugar to taste good!! Healthy alternatives to everything!!!
Cocoa Amaretto Shakeology Truffles
Serving Chocolate Shakeology
Unsweetened Organic Shredded Coconut
Natural Peanut Butter
Pecans or Almonds very finely chopped (almost dusty in texture)
all ingredients in bowl (except for Nuts) until well blended. Refrigerate
mixture for 20 minutes. Using a small scoop, make bites around 1 Tablespoon
apiece. Roll into a ball and roll into nuts. Place in airtight container and
keep in Fridge until you need a pick-me-up, or you’re feeling that Chocolate
Craving kick in!