I am not a big fan of cauliflower, but I have found that you can make some pretty awesome recipes out of cauliflower that taste really good and make it a lot healthier!! I never knew cauliflower can be a replacement for BREAD!!!
So as many of you are pizza fans just like me, I was looking for a healthier version of pizza where I do not feel guilty, but still enjoying the food I am eating!
So I am excited to give you a recipe for cauliflower pizza crust and you can really make the pizza any way you want it with your favorite toppings!! My personal favorite is Mediterranean, so this is the recipe you get from me!
- 2 1/2 cups grated or ground cauliflower (use a food processor)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
If you are making the Mediterranean Pizza you will also need:
- 1/8 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (I use fat-free)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 1/4 chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place cauliflower in a heat-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap with a few holes to vent. icrowave for 4 minutes, remove plastic, and stir to cool it off a little. If there is any extra liquid in the bowl with cauliflower, use several paper towels and press down to absorb the liquid.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl and fluff with a fork. Add basil, oregano, garlic, Parmesan, and mozzarella. Mix well and taste. Add salt.
Press mixture out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper that’s been sprayed with non-stick spray Press out to about 1/4 inch or slightly thicker. Keep mixture tight together and in an even layer. You can bake one large pizza or multiple smaller ones.5. Place pan in oven and bake until golden brown. Generally 15-20 minutes is a good time frame, and it should be starting to brown on top. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. Add 1/4 cup tomato sauce and spread evenly around crust (leaving about 1.4 inch around the edges uncovered)
7. Top with desired toppings, and return to oven to melt cheese, etc. Let rest for a couple of minutes and then slice and serve.
If you are focusing on living a healthy lifestyle, but not sure where to start and want a mentor to give you everything you need to reach your goals (fitness program, nutrition regimen, and support), or you just need extra motivation and accountability, please fill out my application below for a spot in my exclusive fitness life changing challenge group! This is held in a closed group on Facebook and will only be opened for those who are ready to commit and make this a LIFESTYLE!