So you know the quote, “When life gives you lemons, you turn it into lemonade.” Well, I have a new quote that I am running with today!!! “When life gives you lemons, squeeze it, mix it with 6 ounces of distilled water and drink it twice a day.” -Jethro Kloss
This is about keeping up with your health and incorporating easy foods that can be used with many health benefits!! So lets talk LEMONS today since they are yellow and it’s so sunny today! 🙂
Lemons have so many health benefits and one thing I was surprised to hear is that it actually can:
- Give you as much energy as coffee, so replacing your coffee in the morning will help you improve your energy in a healthier way!
- It will also prevent you from aging (which coffee causes you to age).
- Is full of potassium, which helps your heart health.
- Act as a diuretic and help increase the rate of urination of the body.
- Aids in digestion and helps flush our unwanted materials.
- Clears skin. With the vitamin C in lemons, it will help decrease wrinkles and blemishes.
Once the lemons are freshly squeezed into the juicer, there you have it…. Lemon Ice-cubes!! Perfect to go in your water to give it some extra flavor!! Plus, the kids love it too!!
If you are looking to continue your fitness journey and want more healthy mom tips, easy family recipes and ideas to cook for the family, and daily motivation and support, please fill out my application below for a spot in my next 30 day online fitness challenge! Spaces are limited and will be a first come, first serve basis!