- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free as needed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk- I use fairlife milk)
- 1/4 cup small chocolate chips (I use soy free, dairy free chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. *(The silicone muffin pans work amazing and do not stick!) In a large bowl, stir together oats, baking powder, seasonings and salt.
- Add pumpkin, egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract, milk and add-ins. Stir well to incorporate.
- Allow the mixture to set and thicken for about 3-5 minutes before spooning into your muffin pan.
- Fill muffin cups almost completely full with batter. Top off with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes and until the center of each oatmeal muffin is set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.