What better way to make a yummy treat than using raw food that is not processed and guilt-free?! I have a book called RAWvolution by Matt Amsden and he has some great recipes that are so simple to make but yet so healthy!
This Raw Coconut Fudge is one of my favorite desserts! Who knew you can make a great dessert with literally 4 ingredients?! They say 5 ingredients or less is a great indicator of a healthy food, especially when you can read the ingredients! So here you go!
- 3 cups raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup carob powder
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 5/8 cup agave nectar (sweetener that is low on the glycemic index)
- Grind walnuts in a food processor until they are at a buttery consistency
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the carob powder and shredded coconut and mix well. Add the ground walnuts and the agave nectar and mix well.
- Press the mixture into small muffin pan (or flat glass baking dish), creating a flat, even layer approximately 3/4 inch thick. If using a glade baking dish, cut into squares and serve.